This is a classic carrot cake with walnuts. It’s easy to make and doesn’t take much time.
Cooks in 40 min + cooling time
250 ml sunflower oil
150 g muscovado sugar
200 g carrot
75 g walnuts (optional)
300 g self-rasing flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp ground ginger (optional)
250 g Mascarpone
25 g icing sugar
50 g butter (soft)
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC. Grease and line the bases of 2 round 20 cm sandwich tins.
- Beat 4 eggs, muscovado sugar, sunflower oil. Add carrot and walnuts and stir together, add flour, baking powder, ground ginger and mix everything very well.
- Divide it between the 2 cake tins.
- Bake the cakes in the oven for 20 to 30 minutes, or until golden and cooked through. To test, insert a skewer into the middle of a cake; it’s ready when the skewer comes out clean. Leave to cool in the tins for 5 minutes, then turn onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Once completely cool, put the Mascarpone into a large bowl, add butter and icing sugar and whisk for a couple of minutes.
- Place one of the cakes on your chosen plate or cake stand and spread over the cream.
- Roughly chop the walnuts, then scatter on top of the second cake.